Gaulter Russell Candidate Feedback
"I have found Gaulter Russell fantastic to work with on contracting assignments. They are able to deliver a fabulous service to contractors that is the right balance between being quick, efficient and action-oriented, yet really thorough and professional at the same time. Their ability to be down to earth and pragmatic means that you are well aligned to the potential contracting employer before you even get the contract brief or meet the employer. Their personal experience in commercial roles and environments shines through and means they understand very easily where you are coming from and what you want and are able to deliver in a contract. They match that up with their clients extremely well - from job role to the complexities of cultural fit. They are brilliantly empathetic to your needs and the level of contractor support is superb - they are able to judge perfectly the amount of ongoing support you may or may not need in any given assignment."
"Gaulter Russell’s contracting service exceeded all my expectations for the position I was seeking. I highly recommend Gaulter Russell for seeking positions in the marketplace to meet your career needs."
Key Account Manager
When Do Clients Seek Contractors
- Parental leave
- Project resource
- Cover for secondment
- Interim solution for resignation
- Unforeseen circumstances such as illness, jury service, bereavement
- Extra resource during a period of change
- New product development or launch
- Cover for work overload
- Seasonal fluctuations
- When clients are recruiting on the permanent side, contractors are frequently hired to ensure continuity (providing both exit and new incumbent handovers)
The Benefits of Being a Contractor
- Flexibility and control around choosing when to work
- Opportunity to transfer skills to other organisations/industries
- Satisfaction of achieving results quickly
- Tax benefits
- A sense of working for yourself
- Opportunity to work on some high profile projects within an organisation
- Opportunity to experience different roles and broaden your skillset
- Exposure to new products, services, organisations, people
- Less exposure to internal politics that can sometimes be associated with permanent positions
Types of Roles We Work On:
We have an impressive client list, working with some of New Zealand’s major players, across all industries which means we are able to provide contractors with a range of challenging and rewarding contract roles, as follows:
Contracting can be very rewarding financially because employers are getting a specialist resource, without the obligations that are entailed in servicing a full-time employee.
Gaulter Russell get the best possible rates for our contractors taking into account the market rate for your skill set and the client’s budget. You will come to an agreement with your consultant on the rate you wish to be represented at for each role prior to your CV being represented to the client.