Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited is bound by the Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand) privacy legislation.
Collecting Personal Information
We only collect personal information that is necessary to deliver our services, including recruiting and consulting or training, or that is required for administration, invoicing and networking.
Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited collects personal information about you when you request our services, including first and last name, street address, phone number, email address, working visa, opinions and other information that could be used to provide you our recruitment or consulting services. It also includes personal information provided in resumes such as references, education, employment qualifications, and competencies. We collect personal details over the phone, in person, by letter and/or via electronic means. Information is also collected from other parties, e.g., when conducting reference checks.
Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited will not collect or monitor personal information about you without your consent unless we believe it is necessary:
- Because it is required by law.
- To provide you a service which you have requested.
- To lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
Personal information will not be knowingly collected from a minor without his or her parent’s consent.
Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited will not ask an individual to provide sensitive personal information in a place where other people can overhear.
Using and Disclosing Personal Information
Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited recognise the trust that individuals place in us when they give us personal information. We will not sell, transfer, assign or rent your personal information. In order to deliver a service you have requested, we may sometimes share your personal information with an affiliate (including a selected training company), subsidiary or potential employers. We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to others without your explicit consent, unless it is required by law.
If an individual indicates they do not want to receive further direct marketing or be contacted for marketing purposes by phone, fax, email, letter or in person, Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited has an effective system in place to record these requests and will action these as appropriate pursuant to the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 (New Zealand).
Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited reserves the right to disclose an individual’s personal information to a responsible person, a close relative or others with a close relationship to that individual where it is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious or imminent threat to the individual’s life, health or safety.
Keeping Information Accurate, Complete and Up to Date
While keeping in mind why the information is being collected, Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited takes reasonable steps to make sure that the information is accurate, complete and up-to-date at the time of collection and when used or disclosed.
Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep information which it holds about individuals secure. Electronic information is stored on a secure server that is protected in controlled facilities. Documents and papers are stored and locked under key until they are no longer required. When electronic information is no longer required it is permanently destroyed. When physical information is no longer required it is placed in a locked confidential security bin and destroyed or shredded. In addition, our employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Procedures are in place such as:
- The need to know principle that limits access to information to those people who need the information to carry out their duties.
- The secure storage of all files after use to reduce the risk of unauthorised access to personal information.
However, Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Openness About Information Handling Practices
Access and Correction
Personal information that is collected is available for access and correction at any time. You have a right to have access to the information that we hold in your record.
You can also request an amendment to your record should you believe that it contains inaccurate information. We will allow access or make the requested changes unless there is a reason under the Privacy Act 1993 or other relevant law to refuse such access or refuse to make the requested changes. If we do not agree to change your record/personal information in accordance with your request, we will permit you to make a statement of the requested changes and we will enclose this with your record. Should you wish to obtain access to or request changes to your record you can ask us in writing to give you more detailed information about our access and correction procedure. Please note we may recover reasonable costs associated with supplying this information to you.
Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited may deny access to some information if providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals. Additionally individuals will not have access to employee records.
Before access to personal information is granted to an individual their identity needs to be established. The individual is required to request the information in person or to provide personal details that can be used to identify them.
- we do not agree to provide you with access to your personal information; or
- you have a complaint about our information handling practices, you can lodge a complaint with us directly or with the Privacy Commissioner
Wherever it is lawful and practical, individuals will have the option of not identifying themselves when entering into transactions with Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited.
Trans border Data Flow
Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited will only transfer personal information outside New Zealand with the consent of the individual and if it reasonably believes the information will be granted a similar level of protection as under the Privacy Act.
- This is to confirm that I understand and agree that the information I have provided at interview, or at any time whilst engaging with Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited, will be used to assess my suitability for employment for the position in question or other positions that arise that may fit my capabilities and qualifications.
- I understand that information contained in my resume or from interview notes, psychological assessment as well as referee comments, can and/or may be conveyed to prospective employers.
- I also understand and require that I will be notified before my information is passed to any prospective employer for any opportunity or specific role.
- I give permission for my information to be retained by Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited for consideration for future positions.
- I understand that referees I have provided or will provide may be contacted and information provided by those referees may be used to assist in assessing my suitability for this or other roles.
- I accept that any information may be transferred overseas for the purpose of seeking a position but only with my knowledge and permission.
- I give permission for my information to be shared with selected affiliated recruiting or training companies, but only with my knowledge and permission.
- I declare that I have valid New Zealand work rights and/or the appropriate visa to legally work in New Zealand. Should there be any changes to this I will inform Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited immediately.
||Revisions to document
Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited Commitment
Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited will ensure that your information is kept in secure storage within Gaulter Russell (NZ) Limited offices and only disclosed to those parties agreed to by you.